- Area – 357, 050 sq km
- Population – 81.8 million
- Capital City – Berlin
- Language – German
- Currency – Euro
- Chancellor – Angela Merkel (since November 2005) – CDU
- Foreign Minister – Guido Westerwelle – FDP
- Europe Minister – Werner Hoyer – FDP
- The composition of German beer is tightly governed by a 16th century law on brewing, the Reinheitsgebot, which rules that only barley, hops and water may be used.
- Men should be careful when wearing a tie in Germany on Weiberfastnacht (Woman’s Day – the Thursday before Ask Wednesday). On this day, women have the right to cut men’s ties off.
Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany is a federal parliamentary republic in Europe. The country consists of 16 states while the capital and largest city is Berlin. Germany covers an area of 357,021 km2 and has a largely temperate seasonal climate.
With 81.8 million inhabitants, it is the most populous member state and the largest economy in the European Union. It is one of the major political powers of the European continent and a technological leader in many fields.
If your relocating to Germany and would like help moving there, then move it removals can help you – Removals to Germany.